BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Today I am Thankful for "The Prayer of Jabez"


My dad loaned me this tiny little book this weekend. He said it had changed his life. It is called, "The Prayer of Jabez" by Bruce Wilkinson. I'm sure you've heard of it. I had heard of it, but had never thought twice about it.

I read it all in about an hour or so and it really made a lot of sense! The prayer itself seems simple:

1 Chronicles 4:9-10:
"Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that you would bless me indeed, and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from evil, that it not be to my sorrow! God granted him that which he requested."

But the book explains the power behind those words!

What really caught my attention was when the author said:
"Suppose Jabez had been a wife and a mother. Then the prayer might have gone: 'Lord, add to my family, favor my key relationships, multiply for Your glory the influence of my household.' Your home is the single most powerful arena on earth to change a life for God. Why wouldn't He want you to be mighty for Him?"

It was like a light went on in my head. God DOES want me to be mighty for Him! It was so simple, yet so profound.

I have been praying the prayer every day since Sunday. Good things are happening already, but more importantly, my attitude has changed. I haven't felt anxious lately about the "waiting" I've been doing. Waiting to be at home with my children, waiting to have another child, waiting to find my...direction. I feel safe. I feel like all of those things ARE going to happen. Like it has been Decided, and I just have to wait to see how and when.

Thank you, God, for sending me that little book, and thank you for the peace it is bringing me!

1 comments:

Marie said...

I have no clue who you are, other than a sister in Christ. I just read this book and am excited to see what will happen. As the book said, tell others (which you have), and to get others check up on you. So...I am hear no more than to see how God has been using his mighty powers in your life?