BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Today I am Thankful for the UT Flower Gardens


I work in a cube, in a room with no windows. We are actually located under the front steps of the UT Main/Tower building. The florescent light four feet above my head isn't conducive to positivity. However, right outside the building it is gorgeous! UT does a wonderful job of keeping their grounds clean, groomed, and beautiful.

So, on every break and at lunch I walk out of the building toward the East Mall, and am greeted with green grass, trees, and beautiful flower gardens. Squirrels, birds, and not too far away, turtles, bring nature to campus. This time of year is my favorite, when the Mountain Laurels are filling the air with their perfume and the temperature is just right. However, even when it is freezing, or burning hot outside, the flower gardens are always beautiful, and always bring me a moment of peace in the middle of a hectic day.

Thank you God, for the UT flower gardens.

0 comments: