BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 16, 2010

Today I am Thankful for the Art of Baking


I love to bake, and not only do I love it, I'm good at it. I used to think I was a good "cook" but I've realized through the years that cooking and baking are very different arenas. While I do enjoy cooking and am pretty good at it most of the time, baking is where I really shine. In fact, baking is one of my talents that I am confident in and can give myself permission to say: YES! I am good at this!

I am thankful for baking for many reasons and not just because I have a terrible sweet tooth. I love it because it makes me feel good. I enjoy creating something that not only tastes delicious but looks beautiful. Cake decorating is my forte, but baking of any kind makes me happy. I love seeing my creations enjoyed and devoured. Baking is soothing and stress relieving to me. Baking makes me feel like I am taking care of people I love and making them happy too.

One of my favorite aspects of baking is that I can share it with my daughter. Mackenzie loves helping me bake. Not that long ago we were making cookies and she suddenly said, "Mama, when I grow up I want to be a Mommy and a Chef!" Through baking I am teaching her about math, hygiene, science, patience, and love. I am so thankful that I get to share these special times with my daughter.

Thank you God, for the Art of Baking!!!

0 comments: