BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 2, 2010

Today I am Thankful for Easter


Today is Good Friday, and this Sunday we will celebrate Easter. I love Easter! I love the hope and newness it brings. (I love the candy it brings too, but that's a different blog). Easter is about joy and hope and new life, whatever your religious standpoint. Baby bunnies and eggs remind us of new birth, but what I am really thankful for is my re-birth.

I can't properly put into words how thankful I am that Jesus Christ took the penalty for my sin and that I am washed clean of it! God sees me as pure because of His sacrifice and I am free. It's hard to wrap my head around it, really. It makes me sad that so many people, Christian, Buddhist, Agnostic, what have you, think that if they are just good enough they can somehow earn their way to heaven, or that God will love them more. I am so thankful that I get to live in the freedom of the truth and knowledge that no, I'm not good enough and I never will be....and that's okay. God is LOVE and he loves me and has saved me by HIS GRACE not by my feeble works.

So thank you, Jesus, for loving me for who I am, broken and dirty. Thank you for dying for me, so that I can have life. Thank you, God, for Easter and all that it means.

0 comments: